Thursday 26 March 2015

Evaluation Question 2

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

For my music artists poster, digipak and music video I wanted there to be a consistency within them all, so to bring them all together I wanted them all to be quite simple and use the same colour scheme throughout. The colours that I used were all dark blues and blacks which helped to reflect on the bands genre of music and costumes which they wore. The music genre 'Indie Rock' involves dark colours a lot such as The 1975 who mainly wear black, with that colour being involved in their jeans, shirts and also leather. In the music video, the band are playing in a completely black room with quite low key lighting and so this is showing the consistency as we look into the colours used in my digipak and see that I have also used a black background on the front cover. Also for my poster, I have continued the dark colour scheme by using a photo that was also used for the back of the digipak which had low key lighting due to its location of a car park. This consistency helps to bring all three together nicely and to all look relatively alike. Another consistent factor which I have used throughout my work is the text font for the band. I used the font                 in the poster, digipak, and music video for the bands name and also small key details such as the track list, social media links and also record company information. I believe that by using the same font all the way through my work helps to create a smooth feel to it and will help to make my target audience feel comfortable with it as they will easily recognise the bands well known image.

I have also focused specifically on the lead singer throughout my main product and ancillary texts as I wanted him to be the main face of the band which relates to well known bands of today which also have a 'main' band member. Bands which have this 'main' group member include The 1975 who have Matt Healy as a main band image where many people 'fan girl' him, also bands such as Arctic Monkeys who have Alex Turner as their bands main image. By looking at these types of bands who are also 'Indie Rock' genre like our own band, it was easier to try and get an idea of what our band should be like. I feel that the combination of my main project of my music video and also my poster and digipak works quite well. I feel that because of the consistency that I have kept throughout all three projects, it has worked perfectly from using the same font to the same colour schemes and that this helps to bring the target audience closer to recognising and enjoying the band.




No comments:

Post a Comment