Friday 27 March 2015

Evaluation Question 4

4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Construction and Research

Media technologies has been very important at all stages of my project. For the construction and research into creating my own music artist, I needed to be able to have access to media technologies so that I could look more in depth into my artists needs to reach our target audience. Websites like YouTube was a huge help into looking at existing music artists of the same genre as the music artist that we wanted to create, and being able to do this would help to give us ideas for music videos and what we should be including in our own videos in order to be able to reach the target audience's needs. Another website which worked well for us was Google as it was the search engine that I has used to search into current music artists history, theorists such as Goodwin which would help to make our video make sense and get the right conventions.

Being able to use 'Blogger' as a main way to present our work into creating a music artist had a huge involvement in our work. Without being able to use Blogger, most of the work which I have produced would have taken a lot longer to produce such as presenting feedback sessions with my teacher Shaun where we did a voiceover of the current blog which I had to be done through a computer. Blogger was the main place where all of my work had been uploaded onto and so it was a huge part of my project. By publishing all of my work onto Blogger, I was also able to keep well organised as I could arrange the different pieces of work into different sections and make it easier to search through if I needed to recap over my work.

As a whole, the internet was especially important for my research into making a music artist especially for creating my digipak and poster. Using the internet, I could look at current and old digipaks for inspiration for my own work. By being able to look at these digipaks I could now see what other artists of the 'Indie Rock' genre were including in their digipaks and posters to attract their target audiences which was the same as my own which was an extra boost in being able to create my ancillary tasks to the tastes of the target audience.

Planning and Evaluation stages

For filming my music video, I had used a few different pieces of technology to create and produce it. To create the ancillary texts, I had used a 500D camera to take pictures of different locations and also the lead singer in high quality and so helped to make my artist look very professional.

I continued to use the 500D for the first drafts of the music video until I began to re-film the whole of the live performance pieces again where I started using a 1200D camera which was a pleasure as the shots that I could get with the camera where so much clearer in comparison to the 500D camera. By using the 1200D made the video look even more professional and so I believe made the music video as good as it was. Another piece of equipment that I used to film some shots in our music video was an iPhone 6 slow-motion camera which helped to create some really intense and emotional shots of the band whilst they were playing. If it wasn't for these media technologies, it wouldn't be possible for me to be able to get these shots which I was desperate to catch to try and add something new into my music video.

The use of the Apple Mac computers was also especially important in the creation of my media product. The Macs I needed to use for both the music video and also the ancillary tasks in order for them to look realistic and professional. The Macs had applications such as Photoshop which was used heavily for the ancillary tasks so that I could put fonts over the top of images and also importing new images to layer such as social media logos.
Final Cut Pro was the main application which I used to edit my music video. this was especially important as it enabled me to be able to create the music video and make it into a fast paced video as I could precisely cut the footage at specific places which was needed in order to make the beat of the music go in time with the footage that I had playing next to it.

As a whole, media technologies were very important for this whole project as they helped to create both my main task and ancillary tasks completely and without them I couldn't do them at all. They were very important for keeping all of my work organized and also creating the different tasks to a high quality, professional standard.









No comments:

Post a Comment